Maria Theresa‘s 300th anniversary
Archduchess Maria Theresa, the Habsburg‘s most powerful woman, was born on 13 May 1717. She was one of the most outstanding rulers of her time, strategist, reformer and mother of 16 children. Numerous exhibitions and events in 2017 deal with the life and works of Maria Theresa.
On our „Jubilee Tour“ we will be walking through historic Vienna on the trail of Maria Theresa.
Our tour will take us from „Maria-Theresien-Platz“ to the Hofburg Imperial Palace with its many courtyards and squares and finally to the „forbidden fountain“ and the monarch‘s final resting place, the Imperial Crypt.
We will be looking into Maria Thresa‘s multifaceted personality, her marriage and family, the ups and downs of forty years of regency, as well as studying the impact of her rule until today.
You will learn,
why Maria Theresa counted the years, months, weeks and days of her marriage,
- why she was called the „mother-in-law of Europe“,
- why she was „Habsburg‘s only man“
- and why she was crowned „King of Hungary“.
- 2,5h (including the visit of the Imperial Crypt*)
- 2h (not including the visit of the Imperial Crypt)
* The price does not include the entrance fee to the Imperial Crypt
An extended (and longer) walking-tour can also include:
- The Belvedere Museum and Palace and Botanical Garden Vienna
My recommendation: the following exhibitions are dedicated to „300 years Maria Theresa“: